- What is this site?
- FixMyStreet Bucks is a site to allow people to make reports to Buckinghamshire Council, and view, or discuss local issues they’ve found, by simply locating them on a map.
- What sort of problems should I report with FixMyStreet?
- FixMyStreet Bucks is primarily for reporting things which are
broken or damaged or dumped, and need fixing, or clearing, such as:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Flytipping or litter
- Grit bins
- Rubbish or flytipping
- Street cleaning, such as broken glass in a cycle lane
- Street signs and traffic lights
- Unlit lampposts
- What isn’t FixMyStreet for?
- FixMyStreet is not a way of getting in touch with Buckinghamshire
Council for all issues – please use this site only for problems
such as the above.
You will need to contact the relevant authority directly for problems such as:
- Anti-social behaviour
- Any urgent or emergency problems
- Noise pollution or barking dogs
- Fires and smoke/smell pollution
- Missing wheelie bins or recycling boxes or missed rubbish collections
- Complaining about your neighbours
- Joy riding, drug taking, animal cruelty, or other criminal activity should be reported to the Police Service.
Complaints about Buckinghamshire Council can be sent via this form.
- How do I use the site?
- After entering a location, you are presented with a map of that area. You can view problems already reported in that area, or report ones of your own by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.
- How are the problems solved?
- They are reported to us at Buckinghamshire Council who will resolve the problem the way we normally would.
- Is it free?
- The site is free to use, yes.
- Can I use FixMyStreet on my mobile?
The FixMyStreet Bucks website will already work on your mobile phone, adapting to the size of your screen automatically.
- Is there an app I can download?
- Do you remove silly or illegal content?
- FixMyStreet Bucks is not responsible for the content and accuracy of material submitted by its users. We reserve the right to edit or remove any problems or updates which we consider to be inappropriate upon being informed by a user of the site.
- Why can’t I zoom out more on the reporting map?
- We want to keep FixMyStreet Bucks locally focused, so restrict the ability to move radically between areas. The map on Your Reports will let you see all the reports you’ve made, wherever they are.
- Who built FixMyStreet?
- The FixMyStreet service was built by mySociety.
- I’d like a site like this for my own location/ where’s the “source code” to this site?
- The software behind this site is open source, and available to you mainly under the GNU Affero GPL software license. You can download the source code and help us develop it. You’re welcome to use it in your own projects, although you must also make available the source code to any such projects. FixMyStreet.com is the original code installation, in the UK.